With the advent of advanced communications devices and software such as BaseCamp, Skype, Gtalk and Trello make the management of projects and collaboration across great distances an advantageous reality. Outsourcing and offshoring important operations was also a thing only for multi-national corporations who would open branches in the Philippines, Taiwan, India, and Vietnam. But today the smallest one-person businesses and promising entrepreneurs can choose the advantage of offshoring their projects to a number of different locations in the world.
Industry experts and specialist in web app development, website solutions and website design and development are located in the far corners of the globe but their work and skills are as available to you and your business as if they were right next door. If you own a small business with high tech needs and a tight budget, there is no reason to sacrifice top-quality to find a cost-effective solution.
This following article will cover some of the important advantages and particulars of choosing offshore web development for all your internet marketing needs.
Why Offshore Web Development For Your Web Development Needs?
Why would anyone want to work with an expert on the other side of the globe when there are plenty of industry experts right here in the local area? The primary reason is pretty obvious of course; if you can get the same (or better) for less than going for it.
But there is also a convenience about the system we will discuss further in the section below. This will explain how both time and money are saved by working with offshore experts to accomplish business needs. These conserved resources can then be better applied to other aspects of your business wherever they can be most useful.
Without further introduction, here are the reasons so many modern business professionals are choosing web development offshore:
1. Timing - Whether you are buying a car, saving for a vacation or even just shopping for your day to day needs time is constantly being consumed. Time is an especially crucial factor when it comes to assembling an in-house team for web development. In addition to locating and hiring the right experts (in a field most of us know little about) but then there is the task of ensuring these experts are properly equipped and prepared to work in the direction, you and your business are heading. This type of coordination requires experience to get right.
This is where having your IT particulars handled by an offshore team of web developers can be the fast track to the solutions you need. The advantages continue when you consider that the work you ask for can be completed while you sleep and ready for you when you begin work the next day. This keeps your business in constant operations. Furthermore, if you would like a team that will be operating at the same time you are for important strategic collaborations, this can be arranged as well. The speed and facility of communications will be tantamount to having your team in the room with you.
In addition to saving your valuable time, it will also save you on spending on the additional manpower required to handle these affairs in the US, Canada, Australia or the UK. Finally, scaling and downsizing your company is no problem as you will not have to hire or fire anyone.
2. Financial Advantages - Naturally, this is the primary reason most people will considering looking beyond their own borders for the same services offered locally. Of course, if your local engineers and technicians were offering such competitive prices the need for offshoring would be made redundant. The fact is a local web development company offering “competitive” prices will have a standing fee of $50 - $100 for their specialized services depending on the parameters of the project at hand. You will receive an absolutely top-quality product but at a scathing price.
On the other hand, web development companies working out of Ukraine, for example, will be able to accomplish the same goals you need at a fraction of this price, typically between $10 and $40 USD an hour. Because the product is digital the quality is not reduced in any way. The savings right here can be enough to fuel other parts of the business while having the important need for quality web development covered by a cost-effective professional.
3. Experience & Expertise – Offshore digital services offered by other countries is no new thing and the professionals in distant countries have honed their skills to within a whit of any world-class IT technician. In Ukraine, for example, all the technicians you will encounter will be able to communicate clearly and fully understand the finer points of the project with nothing lost in translation. This enhances the quality of the final digital products.
Of course, you can’t just select the first offshore IT company from the list. Only by finding the right Web Development firm will you truly avail yourself of the aforementioned advantages. This following section will cover the important particulars to keep in mind when looking for a reputable offshore web development company.
How To Choose the Best Offshore Developers
If you have cheerfully decided to employ the professionals in an offshore company, you may be suddenly put off by the scads of companies across Ukraine and the world proclaiming their achievements and accomplishments as if they cured cancer.
This can be confusing, and choosing the goose with golden eggs from the herd is certainly not about choosing the most glitzy, glamorous or vociferous. But, never fear, there are some very specific tell-tale signs that will indicate which is the best IT company for your goals and purpose.
1. Experience - with all the IT technicians flooding the markets today, the experience is really the defining factor that separates the professionals, who deliver results with the amateurs, that only deliver promises.
When looking for a team of professionals to handle your web solutions, the first place to begin your search is with a clear idea of what services you need to reach your goals. This way you will be able to measure your candidates to the stature of your purpose. If a team of offshore developers has skills and experience in the areas you need the most, for example, ecommerce development or web application development, then you can bet your results will be this much better.
Then be sure to look over the previous work they have done for other companies and businesses in your industry, any reputable team of developers will be only too glad to provide you with a list of their accomplishments and references. Which brings us to the next point.
2. References – whether you are looking for a good eatery or location for a stylish haircut, the references and reviews provided by previous employees will give you the best idea of what kind of service to expect. Well, the offshore markets are no different in that regard. If the offshore developers you have in mind for your project have done a professional and top-notch work with their previous clients, you will hear about it.
So be sure to look into the references provided by your offshore developers and look over any samples of the work provided. Happy customers are a good sign but you will also want to make sure the work done aligns with the needs and direction of your personal organization. Never forget to select three or four options that best match your needs and then select from the best of these.
3. Pricing - Of course, you must never forget the original charm of the offshore development option (like you could). You will already save a bundle by selecting the offshore option over the local web development companies that can charge anywhere from 50% to 150% more than an offshore developer.
Getting the best pricing for the best possible work is the ultimate goal of the offshore development route and finding the providers to supply this will maximize the value of the work.
Keep a budget in mind when you begin and look for the option that helps you get the most value for the cash you have to spend. Remember that value is what you get and the price is what you receive so be sure to look into prices after you have ascertained the standards of craftsmanship from this particular company.
Don’t immediately select the cheapest company on the menu as you could likely end up with a serious compromise in quality and end up redoing your project with a more suitable offshore developer in the long run. While offshore developers are competitively priced, good quality work will still cost something.
4. Communication – Another important reason that offshore development is such a convenient option is due to the high-tech communications that the modern world provides. But it is imperative that the lines of communications between you and any prospective company are clear and at the ready. When you are looking into a company it is essential that you test the communications channels and availability of your offshore company. Make sure you can communicate with anyone you need and that the information passed is clear and verbatim.
Finally, make sure all the details of your project and cost of projects are in writing before you begin the work.
Keeping up with the modern markets can be quite the trick in this modern day and age. Often the key to unlocking the potential of your company is by applying next level web or app development and e-commerce features. This can be an especially costly project especially at the going rates offered by local web development companies in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia. Nevertheless, there are alternatives that can reduce the costs of this essential work and still provide the business with top-quality digital products.
The advantages of this option go beyond a financially convenient solution but can also be selected to fit time and quality specifications as well. The most important thing to remember is to perform due diligence and ascertain the professionalism of any companies you are considering for this vital task. After you have compiled a list of all the particulars you are looking for, time frames, quality, industry, and budget, you can then begin looking for a decent match.
Don’t rush this part, take the time to look through the past work experience and references provided by any possible company. After you have selected a company you think fits your needs, assume nothing until the entire project has been described, prices tallied and all documentation and contracts in order. It may even be a good idea to run a test project to see if the company in question is really up to the task.
But if you have found a web development company offshore that ticks all the right boxes, it can be a beautiful thing. Not only will you be getting the necessary tools for the tasks that can propel your venture forward, but you will enjoy this advantage at a convenient price and at your own pace.